One of the latest trends in accessories is opaque glass. These various vases and vessels add colour and also providing some shine.
When you find these accessories in stores they are generally quite expensive so I decided to make some of my own!
We drink a lot of coffee in this house...I mean A LOT! Which leaves us with lots of empty coffee jars. What better way to repurpose them than to paint them and turn them into vases.
This is how I did it:
1. Take various sized coffee jars, or any other type of jar you have lying around
2. Choose some acrylic paint in a colour you like. For my jars I chose blue & green. If you don't have any paint laying around sample pots would provide enough paint for this project
3. Pour some paint into the bottom of the clean jar. The amount you use depends on how big your jar is
4. Start to turn and swirl the paint around the inside working from the bottom up to the top
5. Once the paint has covered the inside, tip the excess out on to some newspaper
6. Let the jars sit for a couple of days until they are completely dry. It's important not to swirl the paint around in the jar once the drying process has started, as the drier paint will be heavier and will pull the wetter paint off the sides
7. And here is the finished result!